Welcome to St. Charles Borromeo CYO!!!
Home of the Knights!
Please ask to join our Facebook page or email Carole Dalesandro to get on our email blast distribution list for important updates!!!!
2017-2018 CYO Board Members
President- Amanda De Lorenzo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President- Pete Lenker (email@example.com)
Treasurer - Laurie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary-Carole Dalesandro (email@example.com)
Athletic Director- Dan Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Soccer Coordinator - Tricia Graff (email@example.com)
General News & Upcoming Events:
Spring Sports: registration for track, softball, and baseball is open and will close February 16th.
Baseball and Softball (5th - 8th): $85.00
Track (4th -8th): $65.00
Track (1st - 3rd): $45.00
Track (PreK - K): No Cost
Holy Ghost Prep SPRING 2018 Basketball Skills Clinic This program, designed for boys and girls in grades 3 through 8, will help players strengthen the skills necessary to play the game of basketball. Each age group will receive instruction specifically geared towards their level of play. Highlights of the program will include:
● Six sessions that will be run by the coaches and varsity players of Holy Ghost Prep Basketball.
● Each session will be one hour long and the players will work on skills necessary to play the game of basketball.
● All participants will receive a complimentary t-shirt
All Tuesdays: 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 All clinics are from 7-8pm in Chapman Arena. REDUCED PRICE! $20 (formerly $25) per player, per session Contact: Jim Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-639-4028
After you log into Wagdogs www.wagdogs.com (or create an account if you are a first time user) , Click on “My Wagdogs” on the Left hand column menu. Then, near the top of the page, click on the “Please click Here to add details for children”. Then select each of your children and make sure their correct current grade is selected. Also, in this window, update their uniform size info as well. Then go to the bottom of the page and click “Save”. Now you are ready to register for Basketball. Just use the normal steps and click “Register for a League” on the Left hand column menu. Select “St. Charles Borromeo CYO, Bensalem ” then follow the registration menu instructions, etc.
If you are a return user, please update your children's grade for Fall 2017 via the following steps:
~ Click the "Profile" tab on the top right of the selection bar.
~ Click the "Family Members" tab.
~ Expand the section for each child in your family and update the "Grade" field to what they will be in September 2017 then register as normal.
~ Registrations received after May 31st are not guaranteed for placement.
Email Changes? Please notify Carole Dalesandro at email@example.com to remain on our list. Thanks!
ALL CYO COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS MUST GET THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES. See below for the websites and general information.
- See Channel 33 (FIOS) or Channel 99 (Xfinity) for other St. Charles and neighboring parish info.
- There will be a $20 fee for any returned check
Sport Participation Eligibility Requirements
Members of St. Charles Parish must either attend St. Charles school, or be enrolled in a continuous religious education program (CCD) in order to be eligible to participate in Novice-Varsity CYO sports. Those who are not members of St. Charles parish, and do not have a sports team offered by their own parish, must get approval from their parish's pastor in order to participate in St Charles CYO. These are regulations passed down from the Region as supported by the rectory. Please print out and sign all necessary paperwork and drop it off at the Rectory as soon as you get the opportunity.
Volunteer/Coaches Requirements: ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST GET THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES.
1. Coaches Orientation- information should be updated on the Region 19 webpage. ( The dates are TBD)
2. Mandatory Reporter- You can register online and possible take online- https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
3. Safe Environment Session- Protecting God's Children- Register online for one & submit the signature page after completion https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
4. Criminal background- do this online please- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp?sessionMessage=Your%20session%20has%20expired
5. Child Abuse History Clearance- Please complete this form and mail to the rectory. You cannot complete this clearance online & it can take 3-5 weeks for the clearance to arrive. http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Child%20Abuse%20Clearance.pdf.
All 5 are required for coaches. For non-coach, school volunteers, the Coaches Orientation (1) is not required. My suggestion is that when you mail #5, you also include copies of #1, #2, #3, and #4 if you have them completed so the rectory has proof that all requirements have been fulfilled. They will ask, and they will not approve rosters if they cannot verify the information. Anything that is not yet completed, just include a note to the rectory stating the specifics as to when you will complete the requirements.
If you are interested in attending a Coaches Orientation, the locations & times are still being finalized. Please feel free to contact a CYO Board Member for more information.
Thanks to all volunteers and coaches. CYO would not happen without your continued support.
Please use Wagdogs for all online CYO registration (see the link below)
Please copy and paste the webpage address from below to your browser.
Once registered you can pay online.