Welcome to St. Charles Borromeo CYO, Home of the Knights!
2021-2022 St. Charles Borromeo CYO Board
Pete Lenker (email@example.com), President
Chris Cervellero (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice President, Basketball Coordinator
Colleen Contino (email@example.com), Treasurer
Carole Dalesandro (firstname.lastname@example.org), Secretary
Dan Sweeney (email@example.com), Athletic Director
Kim Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org), Registration Coordinator
Advisory Board: Amanda DeLorenzo (email@example.com) Laurie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CYO is actively looking for new board members for the 2023-2024 school year. Please email Carole Dalesandro (email@example.com) if you are interested.
St. Charles Borromeo CYO Basketball Registration is open until October 15th!
Grades 4-8: $110.00 per player
Grades PreK-3: No cost
Basketball season begins 11/1/22.
Practice begins in November for Grades 4-8.
PrK-1st clinic begins in January.
Grades 2-3 begins in December
Grades 4th-8th: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/339154
Grades Pre-K-3rd: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/339189
Seeking volunteers for
Basketball for all age groups!
Please email Dan Sweeney (firstname.lastname@example.org for more information as to how you can help!
St. Charles/St. Ephrem 2022 Swim Team Registration
Online registrations: please email email@example.com
Cost: $150 for one swimmer
$250 for two swimmers
$25 for additional swimmers beyond 2
For more information please contact
Coach Tim Schaffling 215-962-3286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- See Channel 33 (FIOS) or Channel 99 (Xfinity) for other St. Charles and neighboring parish info.
- There will be a $20 fee for any returned check
Sport Participation Eligibility Requirements
Members of St. Charles Parish must either attend St. Charles school, or be enrolled in a continuous religious education program (CCD) in order to be eligible to participate in Novice-Varsity CYO sports. Those who are not members of St. Charles parish, and do not have a sports team offered by their own parish, must get approval from their parish's pastor in order to participate in St Charles CYO. These are regulations passed down from the Region as supported by the rectory. Please print out and sign all necessary paperwork and drop it off at the Rectory as soon as you get the opportunity.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES INFO:
1. Coaches Orientation- information should be updated on the Region 19 webpage. ( The dates are TBD)
2. Mandatory Reporter- You can register online and possible take online- https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
3. Safe Environment Session- Protecting God's Children- Register online for one & submit the signature page after completion https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
4. Criminal background- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
5. Child Abuse History Clearance- Please complete this form and mail to the rectory. You cannot complete this clearance online & it can take 3-5 weeks for the clearance to arrive. http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Child%20Abuse%20Clearance.pdf.
All 5 are required for coaches. For non-coach and school volunteers, the Coaches Orientation (1) is not required. It is recommended when you mail #5, you also include copies of #1, #2, #3, and #4 if you have them completed so the rectory has proof that all requirements have been fulfilled. We cannot approve rosters if they cannot verify the information. Anything that is not yet completed, just include a note to the rectory stating the specifics as to when you will complete the requirements.
If you are interested in attending a Coaches Orientation, the locations & times are still being finalized. Please feel free to contact a CYO Board Member for more information.
Thanks to all volunteers and coaches. CYO would not happen without your continued support.