Welcome to St. Charles Borromeo CYO!!!
Home of the Knights!
CYO Board Members:
Amanda DeLorenzo (email@example.com)
Pete Lenker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Laurie Smith (email@example.com
Carole Dalesandro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dan Sweeney (email@example.com)
Spring 2019 Track and Field Registrations are open!
CYO St. Patty's Day Beef & Beer:
Saturday, March 16th 7-11pm
Knights of Columbus
1193 Gravel Pike
Bensalem, PA 19020
$30.00 per person, $35.00 at the door. Includes food, drink, & entertainment. All proceeds benefit CYO
Please contact Pete Lenker with name and # of tickets c/o Sara Lenker, Grade 4. Checks payable to St. Charles CYO.
Please contact Carole Dalesandro if you are interested in donating a basket!
Spring 2019Holy Ghost Prep Basketball Clinic :
This program, designed for boys and girls in grades 3 through 8, will help players strengthen the skills necessary to play the game of basketball. Each age group will receive instruction specifically geared towards their level of play. Highlights of the program will include:
● Six sessions that will be run by the coaches and varsity players of Holy Ghost Prep Basketball.
● Each session will be one hour long and the players will work on skills necessary to play the game of basketball.
● All participants will receive a complimentary t-shirt Dates: All Tuesdays: 2 /19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26 All clinics are from 7-8pm in Chapman Arena.
Email Changes? Please notify Carole Dalesandro at firstname.lastname@example.org to remain on our list. Thanks!
ALL CYO COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS MUST GET THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES. See below for the websites and general information.
- See Channel 33 (FIOS) or Channel 99 (Xfinity) for other St. Charles and neighboring parish info.
- There will be a $20 fee for any returned check
Sport Participation Eligibility Requirements
Members of St. Charles Parish must either attend St. Charles school, or be enrolled in a continuous religious education program (CCD) in order to be eligible to participate in Novice-Varsity CYO sports. Those who are not members of St. Charles parish, and do not have a sports team offered by their own parish, must get approval from their parish's pastor in order to participate in St Charles CYO. These are regulations passed down from the Region as supported by the rectory. Please print out and sign all necessary paperwork and drop it off at the Rectory as soon as you get the opportunity.
Volunteer/Coaches Requirements: ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST GET THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES.
1. Coaches Orientation- information should be updated on the Region 19 webpage. ( The dates are TBD)
2. Mandatory Reporter- You can register online and possible take online- https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
3. Safe Environment Session- Protecting God's Children- Register online for one & submit the signature page after completion https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
4. Criminal background- do this online please- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp?sessionMessage=Your%20session%20has%20expired
5. Child Abuse History Clearance- Please complete this form and mail to the rectory. You cannot complete this clearance online & it can take 3-5 weeks for the clearance to arrive. http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Child%20Abuse%20Clearance.pdf.
All 5 are required for coaches. For non-coach, school volunteers, the Coaches Orientation (1) is not required. My suggestion is that when you mail #5, you also include copies of #1, #2, #3, and #4 if you have them completed so the rectory has proof that all requirements have been fulfilled. They will ask, and they will not approve rosters if they cannot verify the information. Anything that is not yet completed, just include a note to the rectory stating the specifics as to when you will complete the requirements.
If you are interested in attending a Coaches Orientation, the locations & times are still being finalized. Please feel free to contact a CYO Board Member for more information.
Thanks to all volunteers and coaches. CYO would not happen without your continued support.
Please use Wagdogs for all online CYO registration (see the link below)
Please copy and paste the webpage address from below to your browser.
Once registered you can pay online.