Welcome to St. Charles Borromeo CYO, Home of the Knights!
CYO Board Members:
Amanda DeLorenzo, President (email@example.com)
Pete Lenker, Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Laurie Smith, Treasurer (email@example.com
Carole Dalesandro, Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dan Sweeney, Athletic Director (email@example.com)
Grades 4th-8th - $110.00
**Basketball registrations close 10/15/19
Basketball Clinic Pre to 1st and 2nd to 3rd leagues are free to parishioners
Catholic Youth Swim League (CYSL)
St. Charles and St. Ephrem 2019 SWIM TEAM "Barracudas"
Our team competes in the Catholic Youth Swim League (CYSL). We are looking for new swimmers to build our team. We encourage kids to reach for their personal best, display good sportsmanship and have a great time. We are prepared another fantastic season!
When: 7:45 - 8:45 PM at Robert Shafer Middle School – Bensalem, PA
Cost: $150 per Swimmer (one swimmer / $250 per Family 2 or more swimmers)
Make checks payable to St. Charles Swim Team
Eligibility: - Open to swimmers ages 5 to 14 (must still be 14 as of 9/1/19)
Must be member of one of the following parishes: St. Charles Borromeo, Our Lady of Fatima, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton or St. Ephrem; OR attend school at St. Charles or St. Ephrem -
Able to swim one length of pool (25 yards) without holding onto wall or lane ropes
Meets are traditionally held on Saturday afternoons. We will have 7 meets this season. A meet schedule will be available by mid-October. Our home pool is Robert Shafer Middle School – Bensalem PA.
Practice: Every Tuesday and Thursday night from September 17, 2019 – March 2020.
Practice Times: September 17 through October 31 – 7:45pm – 8:45pm
November 2019 through March 2020 – 7:30pm – 8:30pm
For additional information please contact:
Coach Tim Schaffling (215) 962-3286 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· All regular season races are at Belmont Plateau, Philadelphia
· Race Dates: September 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20
· Archdiocesan Champs: October 27
· Times: Sub-novices will start at 1:00pm. Each race will then start immediately after the previous race is almost complete.
Email Changes? Please notify Carole Dalesandro at email@example.com to remain on our list.
ALL CYO COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS MUST GET THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES.
See below for the websites and general information.
- See Channel 33 (FIOS) or Channel 99 (Xfinity) for other St. Charles and neighboring parish info.
- There will be a $20 fee for any returned check
Sport Participation Eligibility Requirements
Members of St. Charles Parish must either attend St. Charles school, or be enrolled in a continuous religious education program (CCD) in order to be eligible to participate in Novice-Varsity CYO sports. Those who are not members of St. Charles parish, and do not have a sports team offered by their own parish, must get approval from their parish's pastor in order to participate in St Charles CYO. These are regulations passed down from the Region as supported by the rectory. Please print out and sign all necessary paperwork and drop it off at the Rectory as soon as you get the opportunity.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES INFO:
1. Coaches Orientation- information should be updated on the Region 19 webpage. ( The dates are TBD)
2. Mandatory Reporter- You can register online and possible take online- https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
3. Safe Environment Session- Protecting God's Children- Register online for one & submit the signature page after completion https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
4. Criminal background- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
5. Child Abuse History Clearance- Please complete this form and mail to the rectory. You cannot complete this clearance online & it can take 3-5 weeks for the clearance to arrive. http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Child%20Abuse%20Clearance.pdf.
All 5 are required for coaches. For non-coach and school volunteers, the Coaches Orientation (1) is not required. It is recommended when you mail #5, you also include copies of #1, #2, #3, and #4 if you have them completed so the rectory has proof that all requirements have been fulfilled. We cannot approve rosters if they cannot verify the information. Anything that is not yet completed, just include a note to the rectory stating the specifics as to when you will complete the requirements.
If you are interested in attending a Coaches Orientation, the locations & times are still being finalized. Please feel free to contact a CYO Board Member for more information.
Thanks to all volunteers and coaches. CYO would not happen without your continued support.
Soccer Schedule linked below: