July 13, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Hope you and your family are enjoying a relaxing and renewing summer! Enjoy the special times with family and friends while on vacation or just enjoying one another's company at a picnic! Let us pray for one another and our country that the Lord's peace will abide in people's hearts and all will share the goodness and compassion of Jesus in their dealings with one another.
In case our school is closed or we have a delayed opening due to inclement weather, you will receive a text from me. It is important if you change your cell phone number, please contact school so we can keep our information up-to-date. If there is a 2 hour delay, then school will be opened at 9:50 a.m. not before. CARES will be opened at 8:30 a.m. Snow closing/delay information is also broadcasted on Channels 3 and 6.
Tuition Assistance Information
Hopefully, by now Parents and Guardians you have applied for tuition assistance for the 2018-2019. If not, you still have time to apply. Please complete the application ASAP!! Listed below is important information for you to read and begin the process:
- To apply you need to complete the application and submit the necessary documentation to the NEW COMPANY: FactsGrant and Aid Assesment-- https//online.factsmgt.com/aid
- Since you use Facts for tuition payment, the rep stated that you can use the same "log in" for tuition assistance.
- You will be given the option to fax, mail or online upload the needed documentation.
- There is a $30.00 application fee to be paid at the time the application is submitted.
- Important dates: December 31, 2017-Priority Application deadline/ You are strongly encouraged to apply by this date. March 15, 2018-Soft Application deadline. August 15, 2018-application to apply is CLOSED!
- Go to Youtube
- in the Seach bar type SaintCharlesBorromeo CatholicSchoolBensalemPa
- The 2nd entry with a green square with a Capital S will appear. Click on it. Video selections will appear.
- Enjoy seeing the children and happenings!
Arrival and Dismissal Times:
All students must be in school no later than 8:15 a.m. Prayer bell is at 8:20 a.m. Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m.
If your child is late for school, parents/guardians, you need to use main school entrance to bring your child in to the school building. Please report to the Main School Office with your child.
After 8:20 a.m., cafeteria door is locked. Prek, kindergarten and first grade students must be accompanied in to school by their parents/guardians to the Main Office if you are late. It is difficult for children to reach the bell and open the heavy door by themselves.
If you have any problems or concerns during the year, please contact your child's teacher. It is important to call, e-mail or send a note to school to make an appointment. If you need to contact Sister Kathleen please do the same.
Remember to request from your child's teacher the "Excused Absence from School Form" due to a pre-planned trip. This is important to do, so the Main Office is not calling you during your time away questioning why you did not call in your child's absence.If your child is absent, it is very important for you to call the Office (215-639-3456) and leave a message. If your child is out three days or more he/she needs to have a doctor's note when returning to school. If it is one or two days, you the parent/guardian needs to write a note to the teacher.
This year, Parents and Guardians, we continue to use My Students Progress to send information to you by e-mail, phone call and texting. If you change your e-mail address, phone number or home address, please call school and let us know-215-639-3456. It is very important that we up-date our records and keep them current. Please remember to check My Students Progress to see your child's marks each week. Also, please check your child's teacher's website for important information during the week! Any questions or concerns make sure you are in contact with your child's teacher.
Please do not park your car on Kings Avenue at dismissal in the afternoon. All parents,guardians need to drive their car into the parking lot off of Hulmeville Road, get in line and wait for your child to come out of school. This ruling is for everyone's safety!.
God bless you and Happy Mother's Day to all of our Moms and Grandmoms living and in heaven,